Seventeenth International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems
July 10-15, 2018, Stockholm, Sweden
- Submission due: 18th February 2018
- Doctoral Mentoring Program: 10th July 2018
The AAMAS 2018 doctoral mentoring program is intended for Ph.D. students in advanced stages of their research. This program will provide an opportunity for students to interact closely with established researchers in their fields, to receive feedback on their work and to get advice on managing their careers.
Specifically, the goals of the program are:
- To match each student with an established researcher in the community who will act as a mentor. The mentor will interact closely with the student, provide feedback on research, and help the student form new contacts.
- To allow students an opportunity to present their work to a friendly audience of other students as well as mentors.
- To provide students with new contacts and professional networking opportunities.
ScheduleNote: The AAMAS Doctoral Consortium is located at K16.
The link to the scavenger hunt is : https://sites.google.com/site/aamas18scavengerhunt/
|9:00 - 9:30||Opening by DC-chairs|
|9:30 - 10:00||Introduction of DC-participants|
|10:00 -10:30||Coffee Break|
|10:30 - 11:30||Invited Talk (Milind Tambe, University of Southern California)|
|11:30 - 12:30||Technical Session I
Alvaro Perez-Diaz, Rijk Mercuur, Jan Pöppel, Valentina Pitoni, Mirgita Frasheri, Hannes Ritschel, Maxime Bouton, Chad Crawford
|12:30 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 14:30||Technical Session II
Jan Mrkos, Dhaval Adjodah, Erez Hartuv, Samuel Spaulding, Tanja Schneeberger, Tanja Daub, Ayan Mukhopadhyay
|14:30 - 15:00||Announcements by the chairs|
|15:00 - 15:30||Coffee Break|
|15:30 - 16:30||Jiří Švancara,,Sai Krishna Pathi, Onuralp Ulusoy, Wolfgang Hönig, Arianna Novaro, Joanna Turner, Nathalia Nascimento, Samuel Robert Cauvin|
|16:30 - 17:30||Wrap-up by DC-chairs and mentors|
Please refer to the list of accepted DC papers for the titles of the contributions.
Submission RequirementsWe encourage submissions from Ph.D. students at advanced stages of their research within the Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems field. Each submission package should include the following items:
- An extended abstract of the Ph.D. thesis (2-pages in the AAMAS paper submission format)
- A short text or table that includes the following items:
- affiliation (institute, etc.)
- area of study (3-5 keywords) or title of thesis (if already decided)
- name and contact data of supervisor
- year when the Ph.D. started
- expected time until submission of Ph.D. thesis
- a list with names of suggested mentors (at least 3)
- a list of your favorite papers in the area (3-5 papers)
- a list of own papers (max. 3 papers)
- whether you have participated in the AAMAS doctoral mentoring program before
- A short resume (2-pages) that includes:
- citizenship and gender
- what you expect from the doctoral consortium
- what you expect from participating in the AAMAS conference
- A recommendation letter from the advisor (max. 1 page), sent separately by the advisor her/himself to both chairs (see addresses below).
Those interested in participating in the doctoral mentoring program should submit the required document, in one single PDF, to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dcaamas18
For questions, please contact the doctoral mentoring co-chairs:
Ana Lucia C. Bazzan
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Email adress: email@example.com
University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Email adress: firstname.lastname@example.org
PoliciesPolicy on harassment at the conference environment.
IFAAMAS is committed to organising the AAMAS conference and its affiliated events in an environment that is free of harassment for everyone involved: delegates, organisers, conference workers, and reviewers. All participants in IFAAMAS events are asked to embrace our intention to foster a harassment-free scientific community, and to understand that IFAAMAS will respond appropriately to incidents of harassment if they occur. The complete IFAAMAS harassment policy is available at www.ifaamas.org/harassment.html. For further details about AAMAS 2018, please visit the website at http://aamas18.ifaamas.org